Zodiac FX - My firmware is corrupted; how do I flash a working version?
If your Zodiac FX is not starting up correctly, use SAM-BA to restore the firmware.
- Download and install the SAM-BA programming utility
- Download the latest full firmware from here
- The file should be titled ZodiacFX_vXX_Full_Install.bin
- Disconnect the USB cable from the Zodiac FX
- While the switch is disconnected, close the ERASE jumper
- Reconnect the USB cable, wait 5 seconds, and then disconnect it again
- This will erase the firmware and reset the boot flag to allow the flash utility to communicate with the Zodiac FX
- Move the ERASE jumper back to the open position
- Connect the USB cable to the device again and open the SAM-BA utility
- Ensure the correct COM port is displayed (identified in Devices & Printers) and that the board type is as shown below.
- Click "Connect"
- Browse for the Full Install firmware file in the "Send File Name" field
- Click "Send File" to upload the firmware to the device
- If prompted to "Lock region(s)", select "No"
- Under the "Scripts" section, select "Boot from Flash (GPNVM1)" from the drop-down list, and click "execute"
- Disconnect and reconnect the USB cable again to restart the Zodiac FX
- Verify the firmware version with the "show version" CLI command, or via the web interface home page
For further instructions, see the User Guide.